Monday, February 1, 2021

 Pastor's Perspective 



February 2021

February always reminds me of one of my favorite celebrations: Valentine’s Day. I fondly remember creating boxes made of tissue paper in many colors in elementary school to receive our valentines. What a beautiful way to think of the church of the different colors: celebrating the different people we are, coming together in unity to serve God. 

 

In the church, every day should be Valentine’s Day, a day of showing our love for one another. My favorite Scripture highlights what agape-love includes in 1 Corinthians 13: 

“4 Love is patient; love is kind; love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice in wrong-doing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. But as for prophecies, they will come to an end; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will come to an end. For we know only in part, and we prophesy only in part; 10 but when the complete comes, the partial will come to an end. 

13 And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.”

Love is not always easy. Love does not mean the absence of conflict but means treating the other respectfully especially when we disagree. Love is not only a feeling but an action word of commitment. I am committed toward continuing to encourage this church to be healthy, unified and inclusive. 

As your pastor, I love each of you deeply in Christ. I lift our church daily in prayer and ask God’s blessings for us. I only have 9 more Sundays with you after Jan 31st but I will always carry you in my heart no matter where God calls me. 

Thank you for your prayers that God will lead Larry and I to a community where we can authentically share who we are and where our spiritual gifts are most needed. 

May each of you know God’s healing Love through Christ’s way of Love and the Holy Spirit’s comforting Love...Amen.  --

            Blessings & Peace, 

          Pastor Jeanette Larson